Last night at the Weekly Meeting, Roger Hershey spoke on the idea of sharing your faith as a way of life and how that is a central part of who we are as a Christian. We wanted to give a space to continue to think through a wrestle with some of the Scriptures and Questions that were brought up.
Big Idea: As a follower of Jesus, sharing your faith is not just an isolated event, but it’s a way of life.
Main Points and Scriptures (Colossians 4: 2-6)
- Pray for divine appointments (verses 2-4)
- Seize the opportunities (verse 5)
- Gracious and salty speech (verse 6)
- Roger had everybody write down a “Top 5 List” of people in your life who don’t have a relationship with Jesus and also talked about accountability in taking steps to move towards them. Who is somebody in your life you could tell about your list and share the burden of praying for and relationally moving towards?
- Where might you be able to “seize the opportunity” this week? Could you eat lunch with somebody you don’t know? Could you invite a classmate to study together? How could you take a step of faith in your relational network this week?
- Fear often holds us back from doing hard things. What and where specifically do you see fear keeping you from walking by faith?
- Roger said that “Salt softens frozen hearts.” What does being salt look like for you in your relational networks?
- There are many tips to “be salty” including 1) listening well (smiling, encouraging, showing interest in them, etc) 2) asking how you could pray for them, 3) Serving them, and 4) Asking great, probing or thought-provoking questions. Which one of these ways to “be salty” could you take a step in this week?
Additional Resources to Dwell on This Week:
- Prayer, Care, and Share…Check it out here
- What is the KGB? Doesn’t that have to do with Russia? No. Roger referred to the KGP (AKA, the Knowing God Personally Booklet). It’s just an easy way to share the Gospel. You can check it out by downloading the awesome God Tools App or checking it out here
- A ton of resources on Sharing your Faith
- Check out this video about how Intraverts can still share their faith